Surprise yourself with our selection of reds from the Canary Islands
Grado alcohólico: 13% vol
Variedades: 65% Listán negro, 20% Tempranillo, 15% Negramoll
Visualmente es límpido, brillante de color rojo cereza con ribetes violáceos que nos denotan juventud. En nariz predominan los aromas a frutos rojos, herbáceos, pimienta negra y notas minerales. En la boca encontramos un vino cariñoso que nos envuelve el paladar, es suave sin aristas, redondo y persistente. En el retrogusto nos recuerda los frutos rojos y herbáceos.
Grape varieties • Listán blanco. Tasting The Appearance: Straw yellow and steely iridescence. The Nose: Citrus, peach, pineapple and white flowers. The Palate: Smooth entry. Perfect balance between acidity and residual sugars. Memories of peach and tropical pineapple. Vintage: 2019 Denomination of origin: Valle de La Orotava. Temperature serving: 7-9 ºC. Pairing Rice, seafood and […]
Enoteca Cuvée: Store in Tenerife specialized in wines and products from The Canary Islands
Buy Canarian wines online
Enjoy our Canarian wine list
Buy Canary Wines online at the BEST price
The BEST Canarian products on your doorstep
At Cuvée Enoteca we have set out to bring you closer to home the richness of our land reflected in a wide catalog with the best Canarian wines. It does not matter if you live in Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura or any of the Islands, we deliver your order for Canarian wines at home!
In the Canary Islands, thanks to our microclimates and the particular orography of the terrain, we can cultivate a wide variety of vine types. This is reflected in the great diversity of Canarian wines, both varietals and coupages. Are you going to miss them?
Do you want to buy Tenerife wines at home online?
We have red, dry white, fruity, rosé wines... from Tenerife and other Canary Islands
Our physical store is located in the center of La Orotava, but we take your order home no matter what island you live on. Our home delivery service is fast and cheap and, as if that were not enough, we also offer free delivery throughout the island of Tenerife.
What are you waiting for? Do not think twice and make your order. And if you need advice or have any questions, you can contact us through our contact phone number. We will be happy to assist you.
Buy Canary Wines online at Cuvée Enoteca
Canarian single-varietal, varietal and multi-varietal wines of the BEST quality
In Europe, traditionally in the wine production, different grape varieties were always used, seeking to highlight the geographical origin of the wine, mixing the different typical varieties of the area. On the contrary, the American wine market places more value on enhancing the specific characteristics of the type of grape itself. Due to this, both the consumption and the production of varietal and monovarietal wines has been spreading in the old continent and also in the Canary Islands. Do you know the differences between a monovarietal, varietal and multivarietal wine?
Canarian Multivarietal Wines
The so-called multivarietal wines or coupages (if the assembly is done afterwards) are wines that have been made with different kinds of grapes. According to European regulations, none of them can have a concentration greater than 85% to be considered a multi-varietal wine. This technique allows for more balanced wines in which the winemaker plays a crucial role.
Some of the multi-varietal wines that we have available at Cuvée Enoteca are the following:
- Cámbium Latido a Latido Red Wine: 50% of vijariego negro and 50% of listán negro.
- LoCartas Red Wine Bodega Hnos. Mesa: 70% listán negro, 20% tempranillo and 10% syrah.
- Stanis Red Wine Barrel Aged Bodegas Murcal: Listán negro, Vijariego negro and rubí cabernet.
Canarian Varietal Wines
Varietal wines are those that have been produced with more than one grape variety, but that at least 85% of them come from the variety indicated on the bottle and by which it is defined as varietal. Some of the varietal wines that we have available for sale in the Canary Islands are the following:
- La Araucaria Red Wine: 95% listán negro and 5% vijariego and castellana.
- Montoro Dry White Wine Bodegas Montoro: 85% from forastera gomera, 10% of listán blanco and 5% marmajuelo.
Canarian single-varietal wines
Lastly, the monovarietals must be made entirely from a single grape variety. There are producers who do not distinguish between single-varietal and varietal wines and label their wines as the latter, even though they are made 100% from the same grape. If you are a lover of this kind of wine, at Cuvée Enoteca we offer you, among others, the following Canarian single-varietal wines:
- Viña Estévez Baboso Negro 2017 Red Wine: 100% baboso negro.
- LoCartas varietal 100% Marmajuelo White Wine Bodega Hnos. Mesa: 100% Marmajuelo.
Why buy Canarian wine online
Canarian wines: Volcanic wines with a very unique character
The wines of our Canary Islands are a very valuable heritage that, on many occasions, we do not know how to give the place it deserves. The "Canary", as it was called, was the favorite drink in England in the 17th and 18th centuries. Throughout history many writers have recorded how wonderful our wine is:
- Shakespeare: He mentioned the quality of Canarian wine in several of his works. For example, in one of the phrases in "Enrique V" it is said: "You have already taken many canaries and that is a wonderfully penetrating wine".
- Casanova: The Italian "playboy" makes reference, on numerous occasions, in his memoirs to our wine. For example: "I started by making him eat a couple of cookies embedded in a bit of Canary and then I took her to the main part of the palace".
- Herman Melville: The author of Moby Dick in his work "Benito Cereno" praises the quality of the wine from the Canary Islands.
- John Keats: The British poet says: "Have ye tippled drink more fine than mine host's Canary wine?" in his famous poem "Lines On the Mermaid Tavern".
If you are still not convinced why you should buy Canarian wine, here are some more reasons.
The uniqueness and variety of Canarian volcanic wine
The peculiarity of our Canary Islands, with its microclimates and its volcanic soil, gives us the possibility of growing around 80 grape varieties, many of which are endemic to our territory. As for example the popular listán negro and blanco, the baboso negro, the aromatic malvasía, the vijariego or the forastera gomera. Furthermore, this terrestrial composition gives our Canarian wine that distinctive and unique mineral flavour. We are lucky that the aptly named "Fortunate Islands" are our home and that we can enjoy a great natural and cultural wealth that make the Canary Islands unique, and also their wines.
Canary Islands: Phylloxera Free Region
As we have already said, many times we do not value our land like it deserves. As regards viticulture, we are one of the four phylloxera-free regions of the world. This plague, originating in the USA, devastated much of the planet in the 19th century and caused a very serious wine crisis in Europe. This crisis was overcome, after decades of struggle, using American rootstocks that are naturally resistant to phylloxera. This practice is still necessary around the World to achieve the survival of the vine. In the Canary Islands, being free of this pest, we do not need to use these rootstocks. Our vineyard is planted directly in the ground, which also allows it to fully interact with the soil and its minerals.
Shall we taste a good Canarian red wine?
We have red wines from Tenerife to buy online
Of course! What better company for a meat dish than a good Canarian red wine? We put at your disposal our catalog of Canarian red wines both young and barrel aged or carbonic maceration. Be sure to try them, they will surely surprise you.
Young red wines from the Canary Islands
If you like the freshness and fruity flavour that young red wines from the Canary Islands present, we have a wide selection waiting for you. Among them you can find the following:
- Stanis Traditional Red Wine Bodegas Murcal: It is a traditional red wine made from listán negro which perfectly accompanies red and white meats, blue fish and semi-cured cheeses.
- Sensaciones Red Wine Prodiflora: It is a Canarian red wine that has been elaborated with malvasía aromática rosada and listán negro and with which you can enjoy starters, meats or blue fish.
- La Araucaria Red Wine Paraje La Perdoma: It is a carbonic maceration wine made 100% with listán negro.
How long should a young wine be consumed?
As a general rule, it is not recommended to drink a young wine older than 5 years. Obviously, this duration will depend on many factors, such as the type of grape, the place of origin of the wine, the storage conditions, etc.
Red wines barrel aged from the Canary Islands
We also have red "barrel" wines from the islands, which have a slight barrel aging. If you like the freshness of young wines, but want to find that little touch of wood that makes them more complex, this kind of wine is right for you. Enjoy them in the aperitif, during the meal or on your quite afternoons at home, they are perfect for any occasion. In our store you can find, among others, the following:
- Viña Estévez Red Wine Barrel Aged: Made with 60% baboso negro, a 20% of vijariego negro and 20% of listán negro and a minimum aging of 6 months in French and Hungarian oak barrels and 6 months in bottle.
- Viña Estévez Vijariego Negro Red Wine: Made 100% with vijariego negro and with a minimum of aging 6 months in French oak barrels and 6 months in bottle.
- Cámbium Latido a Latido Red Wine: Made with 50% of vijariego negro and 50% of listán negro and 2 months of aging French oak barrels.
Do you want to buy a Canarian red wine?
Do we have a Canarian white wine?
What do you prefer? A dry white wine or a fruity white wine?
White wines from the Canary Islands are very popular, we have great richness and variety in terms of flavours, types of grapes, levels of sweetness and acidity. They are perfect to refresh the warm afternoons so typical in our Canary Islands. Choose the one you like the most and share a bottle with your family and friends.
Dry white wine
Accompany your fish, seafood and rice dishes with the best white wines from the Canary Islands. Enjoy every sip with the freshness and intensity of a good Canarian dry white wine. In our stock we have, among others, the following:
- Asio Otus canariensis White wine – Endemic Winery: Made with a mix of albillo criollo from the island of La Palma and verijadiego blanco from the island of El Hierro.
- Sensaciones Dry White Wine Barrel aged 3 months Prodiflora: Made with aromatic malvasía with an aging of 3 months in barrels.
- Stanis Dry White Wine Bodegas Murcal: A listán blanco from El Valle de La Orotava.
Fruity white wine. Find the perfect "blue bottle" for you
The demand and consumption of fruity white wines from the Canary Islands has been rising for a few years. These wines are very successful among almost all audiences, especially among young people and women thanks to the fact that they are light, elegant and aromatic. They are also very easy to drink. If you want to get drunk with the aroma of a good fruity white wine at Cuvée Enoteca, we have the following available, among others:
- La Araucaria Fruity White Wine: 100% made with listán blanco and presents fruity notes to peach.
- LoCartas Fruity White Wine Bodega Hnos. Mesa: It has been produced with a 70% listán blanco and 30% of moscatel. In addition, it presents citrus memories.
- Sensaciones Fruity White Wine Prodiflora: Made with aromatic malvasia and listán blanco.
- Stanis Fruity White Wine Bodegas Murcal: Made with listán blanco with citrus memories, peach and tropical pineapple.
Are you looking to buy a Canarian white wine?
Fancy a Canarian rosé wine?
The Canarian wine that appeals to both young and old
A good Canarian rosé wine is the ideal accompaniment for any occasion and moment. You can drink it with a starter, but it also pairs perfectly with almost any dish, from red meat to rice or seafood. Enjoy our selection of rosé wines: